Thursday, November 20

Freewheel Choices

So I just wanted to share this absurdity I came across on the way home the other evening. It was mostly dark, I was traveling south on Bannock around 3rd or 2nd and as I approached the four way stop a guy on a fixie blasted through the intersection at full tilt, no reflectors or lights and wearing dark clothes. I didn't see him at all until he passed through the light of my headlights.

My question is this: would it have been my fault if I had hit him as I moved forward from the stop sign? If I had been moving through the intersection before he did he would have hit me without me ever having seen him. And since he was cranking away on a fixie, more than likely he didn't stop because he didn't have a freewheel and couldn't stop.

Natural selection hard at work...

Oh! And did I mention that the guy was NOT wearing a helmet? But you knew that didn't you?

SO MUCH FOR HIATUS!!!

[edited 2:45pm 11/20/08]

No comments:

Post a Comment