Tuesday, August 18

Back to the Ride

August I deemed Opportunity Month. I am on late shift and I have a little time before work to do things, so I am (trying) taking advantage of that to do some lesser peaks and mini-before work adventures.

But September...I plan on going back to commuting by two wheels. I have been riding to work a little, sort of when it makes things more convenient, like last Friday I rode so Mandy could just pick me up at 4pm on our way camping for the weekend.

I have no big cycling plans lined up, other than a MTB foray out to the ghost town of Crossons from Pine Valley OS. And it's only a 10 mile round trip ride.

I did get to see parts of the Leadville 100 and though I had not considered it in the past, I can see myself aspiring to do it in the future.

I missed seeing Lance Armstrong by about 15-20 minutes. If I had the presence of mind to have speculated that he wold have been in the race, especially considering that he came in SECOND last year, I would have waited around when the officials told us the leaders would be coming through soon.

Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment