Monday, August 31

Two Wheels Good, Four Wheels Bad

August has ended...at least it will have in a few hours.

My car will not pass emissions. It would be cost prohibitive to even try to make it pass...a futile effort, dumping hundreds of dollars into a car with a quarter million miles on it to fulfill a purpose that will not make the car run better, nor extend its utility.

So in January my KY tags will expire and I don't want to go through the charade again. I just want to be rid of the burden of dealing with the car.

Mandy and I talked about it a few weeks ago and I decided I'd give going carless a go in September. If I can get through September without needing my car then I should be able to parlay that into a longer stint as a carless wonderboy. I think I can do it.

I am speculating that it might be easier, since the riding will not be the end, but the means. No Triple Bypass...no century ride...just getting where I need to go.

My Cannonball is aired up, my clothes for the week are hanging in my cube at work and I am ready to go...

We'll save money on gas, maintenance and insurance. I'll be healthier, more self sufficient and hopefully happier with my choice.

One thing I need to do it figure out a low stress route to work. Riding Jewell out to Alameda is not always fun, though it is a better route than most.

No comments:

Post a Comment