Tuesday, March 23

CST Compressor Tire Review

The week before the Triple Bypass I let the guy at Pedal Power talk me into buying a pair of CST Compressors. I had had Michelin Krylion carbon tires on the bike before that and they had held up under a year of abuse riding on roads between Denver and Golden.

I've put about 600 miles on the CSTs including the 120 miles of the Triple Bypass. I really haven't ridden that much since then, actually most of those 500+ miles since the triple have come in the last few months.

The tires still look good, well, except for the gash I got in my front sidewall last week. And I haven't examined my rear tire yet. It went flat this morning a half mile from work. It might not be the tire, but I'm kinda suspicious of having both tires got flat within a week of each other with no other problems the six months prior...

I think I'll go back to the Michelin's. They held up to some serious abuse as I commuted in nasty conditions, explored the roads and bike paths around Denver and trained for the Triple Bypass. It's with the extra few dollars for the better tires for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment