Thursday, October 21

Let's Be Friends

The League of American Bicyclists puts out a list of bicycle friendly cities. I have lived in five on the current list, a Silver level and four Bronze level cities. Of course my hometown is like a Mud level, but that is another story for another day.

I currently live in a Bronze level city (Arvada) and think it is a great place to be a cyclist.

Looking at the list I identified the cities that I live close enough to to consider a day trip to drag a few bikes and ride around doing some "research". I'll obviously revisit those I've ridden in already that are in close proximity. I re-ride Golden every day.

But I think I want to do some sort of writing project centered around this theme. I have lived in places that most definitely were NOT bicycle friendly and I have lived in some exceptional places when it comes to being a cyclist. Do I agree with the LAB's categories? We'll see.

Further research (photos and observations):

PLATINUM
Boulder, CO

GOLD
Fort Collins, CO

SILVER
Breckenridge, CO
CO Springs, CO
Denver, CO
Steamboat Springs, CO

BRONZE
Arvada, CO
Carbondale, CO
Golden, CO
Lakewood, CO
Longmont, CO
Vail, CO

I've ridden in (cities I've lived in are bold):

SILVER
Denver, CO
Steamboat Springs, CO

BRONZE
Arvada, CO
Dayton, OH
Golden, CO
Lakewood, CO

Lexington, KY
Vail, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment