Thursday, December 2

Bike Arvada

So I've officially taken over the Bike Arvada website. Due to some technical difficulties it may be a short bit before you would see changes to the site. I have control of the domain name though, so once I sort out the hosting/editing issues I should be able to get the site up and active.

I've also created a Facebook and Twitter account for Bike Arvada, as well as a blog (I'm a blogging fool). Check them out when you get a chance.

As far as direction it seems to me that promoting transportation and utilitarian cycling as well as recreational cycling should be paramount. Arvada is a bronze level Bicycle Friendly City and I think it could be at least a silver, if not higher. It is basically a suburb of Denver, and fostering and developing connectivity to the surrounding communities would allow residents better opportunity to travel by riding, walking and public transit. I think all three are key to reducing oil dependency and I think Arvada stands to benefit from the new light rail line and the existing bike/ped/transit infrastructure. Certainly there is potential for improvement and I know it can happen.

In the meantime I plan on continuing to explore Arvada and the surrounding communities by bike to better familiarize myself with the terrain and how they are connected separate and apart from the automobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment