Monday, December 27

Less Work, More Commute

So today I rode the Cannonball and got to try the new bolt-on drops. The ride in I wasn't too happy with them, but maybe they just need a little extra padding at the joint. On the ride home they worked wonderfully. I flew. Well, it felt like I flew. My time was about the same as normal.

It's been a few months since I've rode with drops. It's a nice change.

I wish I could find a job that paid as much as the job I have now (only because we have needs) that is totally cycling related, whether it be writing about cycling, working on bikes, running a bike shop or just riding bikes all over the place.

Anyway, I finished the Bike Snob's book last night. It's a good read. Between Bike Snob: Systematically & Mercilessly Realigning the World of Cycling and Robert Hurst's The Cyclist's Manifesto you get a really good balanced picture of cycling in America, how it is and how it should be.

I'd love to write my own cycling book, but I'm afraid I'd tread too much on well traveled ground.

I might do up a more detailed review of both books in the next couple of weeks. Keep your eyes peeled!

No comments:

Post a Comment