Sunday, February 6

Excuses! Excuses!

The conundrum is not ideological. It's purely logistical.

I want to ride tomorrow; assuming the office is open. There is still the chance that the water damage will prohibit my return to the beloved cubicle. I'm fairly certain the water damage didn't affect our department and I'm going to go with that theory until further notice.

Anyway, if the building, and particularly my department, is open tomorrow I have a logistical conundrum. We have first hand reports of 9" of snow in Golden. We have at least 4" here in Arvada. I'm getting over some sort of cold and really don't have the surplus energy to go plowing through unplowed snow on my bike. And we're supposed to get more snow tomorrow, though late. Tuesday's not looking much better, but I'm hoping to be back to full strength (and determination) by then.

The logistical issue is more with tomorrow evening. I think I can get a ride (carpool) to work no problem, but getting a ride home in the evening will be tricky.

And then my mileage is down already. Last week I only managed a little over 48 miles total. Monday and Tuesday the weather was bad and Friday the office was closed.

I'm not fretting so much, because I know as the year moves on I'm going to have plenty of opportunities to crank out the miles. It's always a bummer to start off slow though.

Tomorrow the car may be my transportation salvation.

But if I had it my way we would have been able to afford a house within easy biking or walking distance of where I work. It just didn't work out that way. We tried. It was a valiant effort, but to no avail.

No comments:

Post a Comment