Monday, March 28

Cannonball Evolution: Powder Coating Blues

Well, after slogging to work on the Ute this morning I faced a sunny, but cool and windy commute home. I swung by Powder Coatings Specialties in Golden and entrusted them to strip and apply color to the ole frame.

Don't bother asking the color I chose, it's a secret.

The big bummer is that it's going to take 5 to 7 working days before I get it back. So the stuff I've ordered through Salvagetti (FreeRadical kit, fork, brakes) will be in a few days before the frame is finished.

It felt smug and pretentious to portage the frame to work on the Ute and then run my errand over to PCS with the bike. The guys there speculated I must be serious about bikes. I explained that the Ute was my wife's new car. The didn't look at me like I had a horn growing out of my head, so that's a plus.

Hopefully I will become immune and oblivious to my own smug-tentiousness soon so I can get on with starting the Grand Longtail Revolution.

I'm shooting for a grand reveal of the Cannonball X around the 9th or 10th of April. Of course, this could complicate things, as Boone's birthday is that weekend.

If I don't get it all together soon I may gnaw my fingernails off. O-F-F off.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I hope the ole frame has been holding up since! Five to seven days wasn't bad at all. In fact, if you concentrate on the end result that kind of time will whiz past just like a snap! What color did you choose for frame, by the way? :D

    Regards,
    Lonnie

    ReplyDelete