Sunday, March 6

Choosing Bikes

Today the kids and I chose bikes over the car. We wanted to get out of the house, get out of the yard and the neighborhood and do something. At first I wanted to drive up in the foothills and get some photos of the bigger mountains.

After a breakfast of homemade cinnamon rolls we headed out for Majestic View Park on the bikes.



Wait, that photo was supposed to be of Majestic View, not the homemade cinnamon rolls.

Here's THE view:



It was cool and overcast today and driving would have given us more options and just made life easier, but in the end I just couldn't justify loading the kids up in the car and driving them around. And they really wanted to go for a bike ride once I mentioned it.

There was no reason for us not to take the bikes. I just had to muster the gumption to put it all together and drag the train out of the driveway. After we got moving I really wanted a longer ride. Looking out over the western plains toward the foothills reminded me that there is a lot of space to move about in around here.

I'm really itching to get going on the Xtracycle conversion. It won't be long now. Today we went with the tow bar and bike trailer. I just hooked Boone up before we left home and hauled both kids there and back again. It was only a 5.6 mile round trip, so it wasn't a bad ride. I would have loved to have had the Xtra today though.

I've got some plans for this summer...we're definitely going to do some bike-packing.

Anyway, there is snow coming this week. I had complete confidence that winter had not left for good. I've had enough of a break. Might as well bring the snow...

No comments:

Post a Comment