Thursday, April 14

(Not Really) A Snow Day

I sit curled up on the couch with one of my wife's homemade bagels and a mug of Kona coffee trying to think of something witty to write to tickle your cycling sensibilities. Alas, its still early.

I'm taking a personal day to hang with Bean, and when I woke up and saw snow I was glad because I didn't have to commute in it and glad just because its snowing. We haven't had much snow this year and that's unfortunate.

Before I crawled out of bed to help Mandy get Boone ready for school I had pretty much decided I wasn't going to get out myself today; 30 Days of Biking can go fly a kite. But I checked my email and saw I have a hold ready at the library.

"Bean, want to go to the library later?"

She nodded enthusiastically.

So we'll bundle up against the damp cold. The snow has stopped falling (for the time being) but it looks to be the kind of day you want to spend curled up on the couch with homemade delicacies and Kona coffee.

Of course, I don't know how much children's programming I can endure without going completely mad. We'll have to shut off the one-eyed monster after the educational stuff goes off. By then the library will be opening and we can go get some books with the Cannonball. Maybe we'll figure out someplace else to go while we're out.

LATER

It was a good trip on the Xtracycle to town. Bean rides on the deck by hanging onto my back pockets. Every so often I'd feel a hand leave a pocket and then reappear up under my shirt. Those were cold fingers on my lower back. She'd cackle maniacally.

Had a smack-my-forehead-in-punishment moment. We were in the library about fifteen minutes and when we came out I discovered I had forgotten to lock up the Cannonball. Thankfully it was still there!



We had a quick lunch at Ophelia's and then headed home to do some stuff around the house. Its been a relaxing personal (not really) snow day.

No comments:

Post a Comment