Tuesday, May 31

The Merry Month of May

I was going to get up early and ride this morning. I had a parental chore to take care of and was going to ride the seven miles to where my sister-in-law works to get Boone's shoes out of her Jeep, but when I looked out the fog was thick as pea soup.



I drove instead of riding. It just made sense.

By the time the day got rolling and the fog had burned off and converted to humidity I just didn't have the motivation to travel on beyond 500 miles toward 600. As of yesterday I was only at 512 and with the heat and the humidity I just didn't have it in me to pull off 88 miles.

So close, yet so far away.

May 2011 was not my greatest mileage ever. It was my second greatest mileage ever though.

I did ride about a mile to scout out some Sue's Hotdogs, but turns out Sue isn't in on Mondays and Tuesdays.

I'm calling my May mileage at 514.

I'm all ready to go in the morning for the Gorge loop. June will come in like a lion and I'll get my mileage rolling toward 600 and beyond with one of my old standbys at 50+ miles, a few big climbs and one rough-hewn tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment