Monday, August 1

On the Wheel

It was good to be back on the bike this morning. I've been off for almost two weeks and I was suppressing my anxiousness to be back on a wheel.

I may be back too soon. During the ride I felt absolutely no pain. Bumps, jars, and the normal movement of riding was fine. But when I dismounted the bike at work the pain flared up in my shoulder as I let it hang at my side. So while I felt no pain while riding I don't think I can honestly say the ride caused me no pain.

I'm going to call today to see about physical therapy and we'll go from there. I at least know riding to and from work is possible. I'm just not sure if its expedient and healthy. I want to come back from this injury stronger than before. I want to go into winter in great shape facing the weather with certain resolve. It's going to take some work, I know.

Leadville is coming up. I'm going to volunteer no mater what my injury status is. I should be able to function there even in the sling. I'm looking forward to it. It'll be a lot of fun. I'll take lots of photos as well.

I've wanted to blog about the so-called "debt crisis" since before I wrecked my shoulder, but until the past few days I just haven't felt like sitting down and hashing it out. I have been reading Thoreau's Civil Disobedience which may not be a good idea. It's got me thinking more and more about politics and economics. And of course I have my moments when I fantasize about a bicycle friendly post-apocalyptic world. I know, I know...not getting my hopes too high on that one.

Resilience in always in the front of my mind. I never stop thinking about what I need to do to be prepared. Of course mentally asserting preparedness and actually being prepared are two different things.

No comments:

Post a Comment