Monday, September 12

An Aptly Named Post

This post is about nothing. I'm going through a minor bout of writer's block. It's odd too, because I have a shiny new bike, our school season commuting has resumed, fall is in the air, we just passed through the 10th anniversary of 9/11 and we're only 340 days out from Leadville.

Why can't I come up with a coherent post about bicycling, the post-carbon apocalypse or some general transportation related subject? I just don't know.

I have some topics I want to tackle, but I can't wrap my brain around them. I do want to research and write a piece on what the recovery cost would be for buying a new foreign made bike over a used or locally made bike. I know how I need to approach it, I know how I want to shape the post, but I can't seem to get off my figurative butt and do it!

I've got a post started on the different types of cargo bikes. I've got a piece started on simplicity in biketopia. I started writing about "traffic." I've tried hashing out a post on 9/11 and where we're at now. Another "Open Letter to Motorists" and as a suggestion from my editor-in-chief: "Two Wrongs Don't Make a Right" addressing the illogical double minded arguments by motorists against cyclists on the roadways.

Nothing is resolving satisfactorily.

It seems as if I have far too much work in my life and not nearly enough commute. But then that isn't right either. What I really want is to be free from the constraints of the pretend need to work a 40 hour week. I want more free time %@#$! Or I want to be doing real work.

There is something brewing behind the scenes that might play out in my favor on this, at least a rearrangement of those 40 hours that would give me some time to be more inspired and creative. And to get more done. I want to DO something, and not just the day to day maintenance necessary for suburban living.

I feel like my tach is redlining while I'm in neutral. My brain is humming from the exertion but nothing is being accomplished. This happens sometimes so just bear with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment