Sunday, November 20

Turkey Hiatus...Or Not?

Thanksgiving is quick approaching. My parents are going to be visiting and I will be off work all but Monday. And while I do enjoy writing these little messages to poke into the Blogger bottle and toss into the currents of the digital sea of the internet, I don't get paid to do it, so a holiday is a holiday. Don't expect much from me until the week after I manage to digest way too much turkey.

In the meantime, whilst devouring your own feasts, if you were to have any ideas for posts for me to tackle in the near (or far) future, please do not hesitate to run to the computer and email me at teamascentionist (at) gmail dot com. I will wrap my brain around any topic reasonable or not and see what lovely collections of words I can totally mangle in my own special way.

I've got some ideas of my own, but I feel like I'm getting sucked into a rut of my own crafting. My brain works a certain way, and unless it gets knocked off its track every once in awhile it starts beating out the same drum song with only slight changes.

Please...suggestions!

Anyway, as Thanksgiving IS quickly approaching, I will not pull down big miles this month, but I am overbudget to hit my minimum of 5,000 miles for the year. At the end of the week (just after my last Dirty Bismarck treatment) I was sitting at 4,772. I need less than 300 to reach my goal. Man, I could do that with my eyes closed, a hand tied behind my back and a broken leg (the immediate result of being blindfolded with a hand tied behind your back while trying to ride a bicycle).

I am both dreading and eagerly awaiting the beginning of the true '11-12 winter commuting season. I saw some wintery photos on another cyclo-blog and I felt a little flutter in my belly. And then the latest issue of Outdoor Photographer has a piece on the winter photography of Marc Adamus. I want to get back to photography. It's been awhile since I've had a good day of seeking out images to capture and share with the world.

Well, anyway...

If you don't hear from me between now and Thursday: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment