Tuesday, February 7

Four to Six Inches of Lies

This is going to be short and sweet; just a momentary post to complain about meteorologo-fascists.

I felt better yesterday afternoon, and despite a forecast for light snow overnight I decided before bed that I would ride today. As I shut down the house for the night I looked out into the pinkly illumed (from light pollution) landscape and saw a dusting on the ground. But no more snow was falling. No big deal.

This morning I woke to at least four inches of snow. I flipped on the TV to see a brazen, bold, lying super-model-esque weatherperson talking about how this "storm" had caught everyone off guard.

Four inches in Arvada often translates to six in Golden. *Heavy sigh* Carpooling miles do not count toward bicycling miles. But my sickly body sighed in relief, while the sick, twisted masochist in me sighed in frustration. Suffering delayed.

I haven't been as diligent or as long-winded here on the blog of late. Part of that is because I haven't been riding as much, and its partly because there have been a lot of other things going on behind the scenes. I may divulge more of the backstage story later on; or I may not. I think some part of the "making of" will come out eventually. The short story is that while I'm working toward a professional certificate in Sustainability Management, I am also taking the first steps toward becoming LEED certified in some manner.

Confidence is high as a contemplate this future course. In fact, my self-confidence has never been higher. I finally feel as if I have some control of my own destiny, at least as much as Providence will allow.

No comments:

Post a Comment