Thursday, February 16

The Leadville Chronicles: Talkin' Big



It's on.

No...IT'S ON!!!

One hundred and seventy-six days until I meet my doom. Or crush the Leadville Trail 100.


In case you missed yesterday's BREAKING NEWS

In the Fat Cyclist spirit I'm going to share a bit of personal, embarrassing, information with all of you, my faithful, and not-so-, Dear Readers.

As of yesterday morning I tip the scales at a whopping 196 pounds. By August 11 I will be down 21 pounds to a mean 175. By August 11 I will be comfortable spurring The One to lengths exceeding 100 miles in a single push. By August 11 I will have crafted or purchased the core strength I have always dreamed of having. By August 11 my sub-nine hour finish will be assured.



Oh, Dear Readers, I may not be blogging about all that I will be doing over the next few months. Hopefully I will be so busy shoving my pedals round and round that I won't have time for such silliness. I may have to do an Autumn Retrospective of the entire 2012 year.

If you don't hear from me, be assured that I will be doing many mountain/prairie bike commutes, crimes/rides of opportunity, and weeping from exhaustion after crushing my crank for miles and miles and miles and miles and miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment