Thursday, August 9

The Leadville Chronicles: SAG

I'm getting ready to head out for Leadville. The gear is packed, the bike is tuned, my mind is calm.

I couldn't have gotten to this point without the support of my family over the past two years. My wife has been my biggest supporter and my biggest fan. She's been there in my secret moments of doubt and has said just the right things. She gave up time so I could train and huddle in the corner blubbering. She ran SAG for me on a couple of big training rides. She's tolerated, and often enthusiastically supported my upgrades, purchases and musings over gear. She was with me last summer to volunteer in Leadville to increase my chances of getting into the lottery this year. I can't thank her enough.

My kids have been patient and understanding. They've been great support too. I can't wait to see them. We'll be meeting at 10,000' tomorrow.

For now I'm signing off. This will most likely be my last post before the weekend. You can watch my twitter feed to the right for updates. For those that are friends with me on Facebook I've signed up so that the race tracker will post my time when I cross the finish line...in less than nine hours. Or whenever.

No comments:

Post a Comment