Sunday, September 30

Monthly Mileage: September Strong

This month I rode 559 miles. My monthly average for the year is 486 (4,380 so far). That projects out to 5,840 miles for the year. I'd only need to average 540 a month for the rest of the year to hit 6,000.

The reality is I probably won't hit such a large number. I'll crack 5,000 for certain barring some catastrophic injury. October, November and December are historically low mileage months for me. November is particularly sparse because I typically take the entire week off at Thanksgiving, plus I get two other holidays during the month.

That's okay. I'm good with this. I need to lay off a bit, and get as much rest as I can during the next four months, because after January I plan on training like a madman. I want to be fast. I want to ride Leadville next August in less than 9 hours. Fast. Like lightning.

I'm in the best shape of my life but I could be better. I need to increase my cardio, strengthen my core, drop about 15 pounds and really just step it up. It's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment