Tuesday, October 16

Mountain Bike For Sale

I'm selling my 2011 Cannondale Trail SL2. $800 firm. MSRP new was $1,100.

I'm looking to move up to a 29er and something a little more advanced. I love this bike. It has been a great mountain bike for long dirt rides. I've been considering upgrading my wheels, but the truth is that the difference in what I'm asking plus new wheels equals a good new 29er. I'm drinking the kool-aid.

This hardtail bike has hydraulic disc brakes and RockShox Recon Silver TK front shocks. It has new brake pads and a new rear tire. The only flaw is that the finish is worn where my trunk rack rubbed the downtube and some dings from the chain on the chainstay behind the plastic chainguard. Pedals not included.

Here are the specs:

Frame - Trail SL, Optimized 6061 alloy, SAVE, 1.5" headtube
Fork - RockShox Recon Silver TK, 100mm, Solo Air, lockout, rebound, 1.5"
Crank - Shimano FC-M430-8 44/32/22
Chain - Shimano HG53, 9 speed
Rims - Maddux DC 3.0
Bottom Bracket - Shimano ES-25 Octalink
Rear Cogs - SRAM PG-950 , 11-32
Front Derailleur - Shimano Alivio
Rear Derailleur - Shimano Deore
Shifters - Shimano Deore
Brakes - Shimano BR-M445 Hydraulic Disc

Remember all those things I said about it not being about the bike? Well, all that still applies.This really is a great bike. But after a year of training hard for Leadville I have a much better idea of what I need to do what I want to do on my bike. It's time to move on.

If this post is up then the bike is still available. I should add...I live in Arvada, Colorado. I'd be willing to meet anywhere reasonable in the metro area and as far north as Boulder (will not ship the bike). I can also send more pictures if you'd like to see details.

If you're interested please email me at: ascentionist@yahoo.com


1 comment:

  1. Kona Kahuna. 2012 model. I'm still avoiding full suspension like swine flu. I'd go back to full rigid if I weren't (rapidly approaching) middle age.

    ReplyDelete