Monday, November 26

Hurry Up and Wait

There's so much I could write right now. I want to say so much. The reality is that it might be easier after we move to reflect and prognosticate about the future. Right now there's too much pressing down on us to get done in the next few weeks.

I need to put my energy into making this transition go smoothly for my family, and in saying our goodbyes, spending time with the family we've made here, and in preparing myself for a huge change in daily routine, and in my career perspective.

There is a part of me that just doesn't want to keep coming in to work. They've made another annoying change that I don't want to deal with for two or three weeks. Yeah, I've even started questioning whether or not I should stick it out until Mandy and the kids are done with school. I just want to be finished.

Truthfully, I'm bitter toward my current job. I'm not going to sugar coat it. I've fought against a lot of really detestable situations in the five years I've been here. I've stuck it out far longer than I had intended, or had expected. I've far exceeded my shelf life.

While it has been incredible to live in Colorado, I have come to the conclusion that my amazing life has little to do with where I go but what I carry with me.And so I continue on down my Path. But it's not only what I carry within, but also the traveling companions I have chosen to go with. My family is amazing, and as long as I have them I know I can do anything, be anything, and weather any storm.



2 comments:

  1. Let's try. I think I should be able to squeeze in something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, BTW. I downloaded the Ride the Divide Soundtrack. Its great. Thanks for linking to it on the page.......

    ReplyDelete