Friday, March 1

Xtracycle Sighting

Being out of a well-established routine these days means stuff falls through the cracks. About a month ago I attended a Bike-Ped Advisory Committee (BPAC) meeting hosted by the Lexington Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (LAMPO) downtown. As I was walking in I saw this:


I had to stop and gawk. It’s an Xtracycle with a 90s era Cannondale MTB as the donor. Turns out it belongs to Shane Tedder, the Sustainability Coordinator for UK. It’s not identical to the Cannonball, but it’s so close its kinda funny.

2 comments:

  1. It doesn't surprise me. I met Shane when he sat for his LCI Seminar in Lexington a bit less than two years ago (I was one of three assistants to the LCI Coach, and my wife was in the LCI class).

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the bike my first thought was that it must be Shane's. I don't know him well, but I know him well enough to easily picture him on an X.

    ReplyDelete