Thursday, March 13

Wildebeest Roundup

So much going on right now.  At work, in the world, in my head…and I just don’t have the time or energy to organize it all into postable thoughts right now. 

Twenty-five people felt the bad choice of a drunk driver at the South by Southwest Conference in Austin, Texas yesterday.  If he had been walking would 2 have died and so many have gotten hurt?  It ties in with this article I shared on the Book of Face page yesterday which I’ve been pondering in the back of my mind: Murder Machines When are we going to start seeing the car for what it is?

The Crash Test Librarian has gone missing from Malaysian radar and after a two day search there is no sign of wreckage. Perhaps he is simply on a backpacking trip into the wilds of the Daniel Boone.  Terrorism is not suspected.

The CTL has this identifying tattoo on his left calf

The mess in Ukraine is not being portrayed as it should be.  How can “we” argue that all we want is for Ukrainians to have self-determination when that’s obviously not true?

Joe Bowen’s Bowen Farms Bed & Breakfast has become a Bluegrass Bike Partner, the first in Powell County.  That’s huge, and also a great precedent to be setting for our area.

According to the League of American Bicyclists “the US DOT released a traffic safety proposal that turns a blind eye to the rising number of bicyclist and pedestrians deaths.”  They’re asking us all to take action by asking our members of Congress to co-sponsor the Bike/Ped Safety Act.

Winter keeps coming back like an abusive boyfriend (But I love him!) and I, for one, am ready to take a baseball bat to his knees.  Forget calling out an EPO on him.


Work has been crazy with media scandal, resignations, public meetings, non-public meetings, increased Big Boyness from me, and a lot less time to jack around on here.  And maybe that’s not a bad thing.  I just need to come up with a new SOP that allows me to keep blogging regularly.  And I need to figure out how to channel my thoughts into posts outside of the conditions that had been working quite well for me.

The Sheltowee Trace Association has put out a survey to help in planning for the future of the trail.  Please take a minute, if you're so inclined, and answer the survey questions.

Also in work related news: much good is going on in the realm of bike-ped improvements in the Bluegrass--and by association the entire state--and this is a great thing. I'm channeling some more professional blog fodder for future serious-type posts.

Simmering on a back burner I’ve got a wrap-up post from my Misunderstood Wilderness series, a biting criticism of the USFS on the closure of roads in the Daniel Boone, a deeper analysis of John Brunner’s The Sheep Look Up, and some non-blog writing projects that need to move along (Leadville or Bust! for certain!).  In the median of all this I am struggling to come up with ideas for concise and easily distributed daily posts.  I’m afraid if I don’t start riding more the daily stream might dry up for a time. We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment